Your Guide to Credit Сard Processing for Nonprofits
For a nonprofit, every donation counts. That’s why it is crucial to provide the public with the most convenient ways of making contributions. Thus, if your organization is still not accepting credit card payments, it is about time to fix it. This comprehensive guide has all the information you need to get started with credit card processing for nonprofits, including an overview of its benefits and useful tools for implementing it.
Advantages of Credit Card Processing for Nonprofit Organizations
In the US alone, credit and debit cards are the preferred payment method for over half of the population, with
27% and 28% of active users, respectively. Therefore, it is no surprise that when it comes to both one-time and recurring donations, credit cards are often the channel of choice for a large number of people. This is great news for nonprofits, as there are plenty of benefits that come along with credit card payments:
- Increased privacy. Nonprofit organizations often deal with delicate matters, which makes plenty of people seek privacy when donating funds. In fact,
54% of donors worldwide prefer to make contributions online, which demonstrates the high demand for charity platforms that support credit card processing.
- Boosted data security. PCI DSS ensures that organizations accepting card payments comply with advanced fraud-management requirements. This has a positive impact on data security and consumer trust.
- Higher credibility. Nowadays, most users assume that every organization accepts credit card payments. Modernizing your nonprofit to fit this criterion raises credibility towards your fundraising platform. For instance, churches that started accepting tithing online have seen a
32% increase in donations.
- Recurring donations. Credit card processing gives way to recurring donations. It is a significant positive factor, as regular benefactors are known to contribute
42% more on a yearly basis compared to one-time donors. It also enables nonprofits to build clearer financial plans for their upcoming programs.
- Improved convenience. Setting up recurring monthly donations or making a single contribution via credit card is possible in just a matter of seconds.
- Larger contribution volumes. The combination of the factors mentioned above encourages users to be involved in contributing to nonprofits, thus increasing the proceeds.
As you can see, the benefits are plenty. Below, you will find practical steps for a stress-free credit card processing integration for online and offline nonprofit organizations.
Setting Up Credit Card Processing for Nonprofits
The right credit card processing solution can help your nonprofit increase revenue and speed up the achievement of your fundraising goals. Depending on the organizational structure, there are three approaches to introducing this technology:
Credit card acceptance for in-person donations is often required at charity events or fundraiser booths. In such cases, a POS terminal offers low-cost credit card processing for nonprofits to power the collection of funds. Keep in mind that if you wish to optimize your reconciliation tasks, opt for a payment system that synchronizes in-person transactions and online donations.
Mobile credit card processing for nonprofits should definitely be a part of your organization’s strategy. A mobile app supported by both iOS and Android devices will enable you to collect valuable data and attract additional donors. Add a mobile swiper for an even more convenient donation experience for the contributors.
Online credit card processing for nonprofits is a must, especially for organizations that are planning on scaling up.
A branded website is a great promotional platform that enables 24/7 donations. Featuring PCI-compliant donation forms on your site will enable contributors to support your cause once or on a recurring basis via their preferred device, be it a smartphone, tablet, or PC.
There are many credit card processing companies for nonprofits out there, so it is vital to select the right service provider.
How to Choose the Best Credit Card Processing for Nonprofits
What are the main characteristics to look out for in a credit card processing solution for nonprofits? Here are the key criteria to keep in mind:
- A merchant account. This account will enable you to receive various payments, including card transactions, at reduced processing rates. The donations will be authorized through it and then deposited in your bank account.
- Reduced processing fees. Processing rates differ depending on card and payment types. Therefore, it is crucial to cooperate with a service provider that has vast experience dealing with nonprofit organizations. Such companies typically offer lower processing fees for charities, as they are aware of the challenges they face.
- High-level security. Nowadays, PCI DSS compliance is a must, so it is definitely something to look for in a potential credit card processor.
- Easy-to-reach customer support. Payment processing is full of nuances, so it is crucial to have competent professionals available to consult you. Thus, make sure that the customer support of the service provider you choose is easy to contact via email, phone, and chatbot.
- An all-in-one solution. It is highly recommendable to settle only for a service provider that enables your nonprofit organization to accept credit and debit cards, mobile transactions, ACH, and e-checks by offering one integrated payment and accounting solution.
The combination of all these factors in a credit card processor may seem to be hard to find. Fortunately, Payneteasy features all of the mentioned benefits and even more! Read ahead to discover all the opportunities our credit card processing solution for nonprofits unlocks.
Ultraconvenient Credit Card Processing for Nonprofits with Payneteasy
Since 2006, Payneteasy has been successfully providing smart payment solutions to banks, PSPs, financial institutions, and nonprofit organizations.
Our credit card processing solutions for nonprofits include:
- Payneteasy Payment Gateway. Our white-label platform will enable you to begin accepting payments immediately with no iFrames or redirects and a
99.997% uptime track record.
- Smart.POS. Start credit card processing for contributions with POS and mPOS terminals. We offer software, SDK library for Android and iOS, hardware, and payment processing in a single solution. Our terminals support magnet, chip, and contactless cards.
- Tailor-made solutions. Payneteasy will provide you with a custom service package that will take into account all the needs and tasks in the field of payments of your nonprofit organization.
Our team of experts knows exactly how to tailor a tech solution to match your nonprofit organization’s needs. Here are some of the advantages you are to receive when collaborating with us:
- Speedy and seamless integration
- Technical support at all stages
- Branded payment pages
- Top-class fraud prevention algorithms
- Convenient back office
The Payneteasy team is looking forward to hearing from you. Submit your request already now, and we will get back to you with a custom offer within one workday!